I’ve honestly never thought about how someone could win my heart. But there’s a first for contemplating everything I guess. So here it goes, the 5 things someone could do to make themselves that much closer to winning my heart.
1. Have an actual conversation with me. Not the one that will impress me. Not the one that will eventually charm me into getting sexual with you. Not the one where you never show your true self. Not the one where I’m doing all the asking and you’re doing all the talking. An honest to goodness conversation. One thing that would sweep me off my feet in a second would be someone with the skill to craftily think of remarks and prying questions in response to my curiosity and interest in just about any topic. (This may sound a lot like what I mentioned in my self-centeredness post, for those of you who have read it. Though I thought it was worthy to be mentioned again because the ability to have a true conversation is important to me). Also, when you can add to the topic pool, things always flow better.
2. Be open, cuddly, and comfortable with me. The other night I hung out with this guy and one of my friends (a girl). The night went well. It wasn’t spectacular, though not quite dull either. One thing my friend and I mentioned at the end of the night was how closed off he seemed. He was fully present, but there was a disconnect with his ability to get comfortable. A lack of comfort in someone makes it harder for me to connect with them. Openness is also another very important thing. Being willing to do or talk about most things is a very refreshing thing. I can see not trying a nasty food that would make you throw up, or not jumping out of a plane to “live life,” but giving small things a chance is quite nice. It would also be great if you’d be open to talking about more touchier subjects instead of your typical weather talk. If you only talk about the weather…. so help me god… you better run…or I may hurt you… I’ve been scarred by an overdose of weather talk to fill an empty void that a vapid person in my life didn’t realize how else to fill. Oh, I almost forgot. If you want to win my heart, you better start out moderately cuddly. The cuddly level in our relationship will continue to escalate if it’s going to last, so this is your first warning if you don’t want to be discarded.
3. Have thoughts, and share them with me. Also, be uniquely you. One of the most adorable things I can think of in this world is picturing an attractive guy hyped up about a topic. Just sharing his opinion until his mind is relaxed and pleased of the good use he has put it through. Another thing that makes it especially adorable is if he shares his thoughts with me randomly while we’re cuddling, texting, etc. I find it quite unimpressive when I’m around a person that just seems clueless to the world and only months later in a moment that knowledge or an idea about a particular subject would make them well liked in a social setting, they then choose to use it just to appear like an expert… boring. Now onto being uniquely you. I was once having a discussion with some girls and we all began to talk about and agree that seeing a guy all focused and intent on his hobby or work, in his zone, is cute. As well as when a guy thinks no one is staring and exudes the pure essence of a natural human in his own skin. Displaying all the adorable idiosyncrasy’s that make him him.
4. Be my workout buddy. I’ve never been able to have a male workout buddy, even though I’ve had fit boyfriends. If a guy offered to be my personal workout coach/ trainer for a date sort of thing, I would cherish it more than any fancy dinner. Also, being my consistent workout buddy shows you valuing staying fit, healthy, and muscular for me and yourself.
5. Bring me somewhere casual, and teach me something fun. For a guy to really win my heart he has to get to know me, and that means knowing that I’m not one for fancy shmancy outings and such. I prefer a picnic over eating out. All I need is a setting where I can talk with my guy and we can get to know each other. The whole eating and talking at the same time at a stuffy restaurant doesn’t make me so comfortable. Another part of a date/ whooing process tip. Teach me how to do something. Bowling, fishing, rock climbing, etc. bring me to the place where you’re in your element and you are excited to help guide me through the learning process. I feel that when someone shares a passion or a hobby with me, I can begin to be able to relate to, or see how come they’re so passionate about their hobby.
This is a new type of writing I’m trying out with these writing prompts, so tell me what you think about the writing challenge. Do you think I should continue to write in the constructs of the writing prompts, or go back to my random rantings? Also, what are five ways someone could win your heart? (if your 5 ways are as long as mine, write a post about it and share the link with me below in the comments. I’d love to hear them!)